Includes hearing aids, vision care, paramedical.
Submit health claims no later than one year from the date of treatment or the purchase of the product.
To make a health claim, follow these steps:
- Obtain a medical claim form from the TEIBAS office or website, The Great West Life website, or IBEW Local 353 union hall or website.
- Complete the claim form, including the plan number 51189.
- Sign the claim form.
- Make a copy of the claim form and receipts for you records.
- Attach original receipts and send the completed claim form to Great West Life at the address noted on the form.
All claims for expenses must be submitted no later than one year from the date of the expense. For instance, if you have a physiotherapy expense dated December 1, 2010, you must submit it to Great-West Life no later than November 30, 2011, or it will no longer be eligible for payment.
Your IBEW Local 353 drug card provides you with an electronic payment system that gives on-the-spot processing of prescription drug claims at almost any pharmacy in Canada. It’s a convenient, easy-to-use alternative to submitting claim forms.
Tip: Photocopy the front of your IBEW Local 353 drug card and place it with your contribution and pension statements from TEIBAS. If you misplace your card, the pharmacist can use the numbers from your copy of the card to directly submit your drug claims.
For your convenience, dental claims can be electronically submitted by your dentist. Provide the plan number (51189) to your dentist and they will do the rest.
In an effort to help the environment by using less paper, Great West Life offers a new and convenient way of submitting claims... "e-claims".
Claims will be assessed automatically while you wait, and your provider will be able to let you know immediately whether the claim is approved, declined or held for review. To protect your privacy, the provider will not have access to your coverage details.
This service works in much the same way as you drug card. If the claim is for chiropractic, physiotherapy, or vision care services, your provider can submit your claim immediately, as long as the provider is approved and registered for Provide e-claims. If your provider is not on the approved is not on the approved list, you can still save time and paper by using the member e-claims service to submit your claims through GroupNet for Plan members secure online services
The following claqims can be submitted online if:
- The service was provided in Canada
- Payment is to be made payable to you
- Great West Life is the first payer, for claims for you, your spouse or dependant children
To submit your e-claims:
- Sign into Great West Life GroupNet, from the home page select online claims
- Select claim type - (chiropractic services, vision care ... etc.)
- Select a provider (when required) - your chiropractor, optician etc...
- Select a patient - you or a covered family
- Enter the expense details
- Read & agree to the "Terms & Conditions" and the "Claim summary & Consent"
- View or print you confirmation of your online submission